Now on Twitter!

You can follow me now on twitter as well @kdpotter25

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Fall Fun Team Marathon

Some of my running buddies and I got together last Saturday morning to run a team marathon.  The race proceeds benefited the Gouverneur Breast Cancer Fund, which supplies financial assistance to women with breast cancer in Gouverneur, NY and the surrounding areas.  They brought in $400.00 for the fund.  Not bad in my opinion considering this was the inaugural year for the race event.

I was excited about the event for two reasons.
1) Our team name was Hero's Harem and we all dressed up as super heroes.
2) It wasn't your run-of-the-mill 5K/10K

The race was held at the St. Lawrence County Fairgrounds in Gouverneur and each team had to complete 52 laps on a 1/2 mile race track (used for horse racing -so soft sandy gravel not blacktop).  We all ran at once and recorded our laps on a board.

The weather was cool, but not windy, and damp, but not rainy.  So pretty much perfect weather for fall running.

I wanted to get a 6 mile run in so I ran 12 laps.  I was pretty gassed, but I pushed through and finished.  I could have stopped and my other teammates would have done more laps, but I had decided I was going to do 6 miles and sometimes it feels really good to just do what you set out to do.

It wasn't the most exciting event but I had a really nice time seeing my friends and all the other people out having a good time.

Yeah, I'm batman.  (but I'm totally jealous of Molly's Superman fleece PJs)

No comments:

Post a Comment