Now on Twitter!

You can follow me now on twitter as well @kdpotter25

Saturday, August 2, 2014

The Season of My 33rd Birthday (#runstreak)

Some of you may get a kick out of my reference to the "season of my birthday".  Call it egoism if you need to name it, but I really get into the idea that around my birthday it's time for me (not just the day of my birthday)!  So mid-July I started thinking about what I wanted to do for my 33rd birthday, which is on the 25th of August.  

What I have come up with is to do a #runstreak of 33 days to celebrate.  I haven't been running as frequently as I should for both my fitness and mental attitude and I thought this would help me get back on track as I gear back up for fall long-distance running (Ragnar Relay in Sept. and I think a half marathon in October).  By the time I put my plan into action (I started on July 29th), it was too late to finish the streak on my birthday, so I will be running until the end of August.  Works for me. 

So far I have completed 5 of the 33 days of birthday running.  A 3, 5, 3, 1.3 and 1.5 miles.  I'm hoping to hit my 10 mile training run tomorrow for the half marathon I'm planning on running (but haven't signed up for yet) on the 31st of August.  The 18.12 Challenge half marathon.

So stay tuned for the continuation of the 33 days of running.  I've never done a run streak before.  I'm hoping I don't burn out somewhere in the middle.  Only time will tell.

Thank you for reading!  Happy Saturday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Ty! So far I have really enjoyed the streak-style running. Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog as well! I hope you won't be a stranger.

    ReplyDelete