Now on Twitter!

You can follow me now on twitter as well @kdpotter25

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Where does the time go?

We've been really busy lately.  Seriously it seems like every day is busy!  I am just catching a few moments to update you on my week and what is coming up.

Wednesday:  Went to my yoga class.  I felt really "off".  Struggled to keep the breathing correct with the postures.  We did some really cool core moves with partners though and that was new and fun.  In one you get into plank pose and the partner lifts up your ankles into "wheel barrow" and then they let go of one of your feet.  You use your core to keep your leg from falling.  We also did the reverse where you are on your back up on your hands.  They were challenging!


BTW I was sore all week from that strength training on Monday!  I guess all those squats were a good idea.  I will probably repeat that next Monday.


Thursday:   Thurs was run and strength train...  I ran 2.5 miles without stopping.  Dr. Brown, I got a head lamp.  What a great idea!  I felt lit and safe on my run.  It was at night after dark.  Then when I came home I did the roller workout that I performed a couple weeks ago for strength.

Friday: REST!!! YAY!!! Finally had some relief from the soreness from Monday.  I think the roller really does do a nice job of rolling out the lactic acid.  I couldn't tell I had a long "quick" run the night before.

Saturday:  ZUMBA!!! Rocked it.  TWO arm songs... One arm song was new.  Love my Zumba.  Sadly I forgot to drink lots of water when I got home and by 2PM had a seriously bad headache.  Thankfully it let up by evening.

That brings us to Sunday.  I have not gone for my long run yet.  It's a 3 miler.  I think I will have to do it later in the basement on the treadmill.  The weather is "OK" now, but I just dragged myself out of the basement, where I have been packing, and I need to go back.  It looks like it will be raining later.

Personal news:  We are moving on Tues.  I will soon be reporting to you from Ogdensburg, NY.  I hear they have some nice "trails" in the area and I think it might be flatter.  I'll just have to go find some hills when I need them.  Back to packing... boo

No comments:

Post a Comment