Now on Twitter!

You can follow me now on twitter as well @kdpotter25

Monday, May 5, 2014

Color ME Rad!!!

Umm, yeah, I had an awesome time!

It was worth the hype.  It was worth getting up at 5AM to get onto a school bus and ride 2.5 hours both ways.  It was worth the 45 degree temps and the chilly up to 30 mph winds.  Yes, even the drizzly rain at the end when we were already SO COLD.  But it wasn't the event that made the day, it was the people I shared it with.  

An event like a color run can really go any way that you want it to.  The basic premise is a 5K "race" course (probably less than half of the participants run) with stations of color saturated corn starch powder that is thrown at you.  Additionally participants can purchase packets or aerosol cans of the colorant to further coat themselves to dramatic proportions.  You can get absolutely coated with powder or hardly at all if that isn't really your thing.  Kids love it too and I saw a lot of people pushing strollers.  I went with a group of about 30 ladies, mostly from my Zumba with Nicole Kendall class.  The event provided the structure to the day, but the ladies I went with provided the hours of laughter and mayhem that made it SO much fun.

My Zumba instructor was part of the entertainment for the event.  

She killed it.  (black tank top in the front)

She had a great time, we (her team) had a great time and I'm pretty sure the crowd loved it/her too.  We're really hoping they will ask her to do it again next year (this is the second year they have had the Color Me Rad run in Syracuse, NY).  If you are in the area and you have never tried her class, I highly recommend coming some night/morning.  She's a great instructor and the people in the class ready to shake it are very friendly and welcoming.  

The event was fun, but it was the crazy ladies that I spent the day with that made the event unforgettable.  We danced, we ran (walked and ran some more), we got absolutely coated with powder and then huddled like refugees under an awning to avoid the rain while waiting for our bus to pick us up (SO cold), but even that didn't dampen our high spirits.  

I'll spare you the bazillion pics from the day and just share some favs.  ENJOY!  (better yet: find an event, get a team together, and then have a crazy fun day with them at Run or Dye or Color Me Rad yourself!)

Before the mayhem.

At the finish line with some of the ladies! 

Yeah, I'm looking good.

Perfect sunglasses lines.

Here's my running buddy (and so much more), Jacki and I.  

Just hanging out under an awning trying to keep warm and dry... HA!

And then, just like that, another adventure comes to an end.




No comments:

Post a Comment