Now on Twitter!

You can follow me now on twitter as well @kdpotter25

Monday, September 22, 2014

The Season of Ragnar

My running buddy Jacki and I got two teams together a very long time ago to run the Ragnar Relay in the Adirondacks this weekend coming up.  I'm so excited.  This is a running event I have been interested in for a long time.

What I hadn't anticipated was the sheer amount of effort it would take to coordinate 24 adults with 24 real-life situations that conflict with their running just as much as life conflicts with my own running.  At this point we are thinking about collapsing 1 of the teams and just filling up 1 because we have had SO many people that have had to back out of their spots.  I'll run with any team ready to have a good time.  I think the 12 people we are left with are very ready to go and I'm starting to get excited.  We've lost a lot of good runners that I would have really liked to do the event with, but maybe some other time.

My head has been spinning trying to fill spots, coordinate getting people in the right spots and then back to their cars... One direction, 200-mile relays are problematic that way.  Now I'm ready to relax a bit and get rested, because not much sleep is going to happen after Weds night...

Regardless I'm very excited about the race.  The leaves are changing early and the foliage in the Adirondacks should be spectacular :)

I'll keep you all posted!

Thank you for reading and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment