Now on Twitter!

You can follow me now on twitter as well @kdpotter25

Monday, August 5, 2019

Completed the Swim!

Another Swim a Mile for Hospice in the books!

The weather was absolutely perfect for an open water swim and the water was almost 80 degrees!

I got up and had a cup of coffee with collagen powder while driving and then an energy fizz stick by Arbonne (because I'm trying to look outside the box for fueling) before getting into the water.  I'm sure there are many energy products on the market, I just happen to have these to try and they seem to be great for morning workouts -which I typically have NO energy for.

It isn't a timed event but I think it took me just under an hour to complete the mile and I have no idea how slow that is, but I think it's faster than last year and I felt pretty confident!

I'm still atrocious at the freestyle stroke, which is the suggested stroke.  I feel like I'm not taking breaths frequently enough, but there isn't really any way to take more breaths... Anyway, I know what to work on there.  I felt pretty good with my breast stroke and I'm a huge fan of side stroke, but I know that these strokes lack the power that freestyle is supposed to give you for the same energy input.


My swag bag from both years:

 What a beautiful place to swim!


Thanks for reading and have an amazing week!

#swim #goals #swimamileforhospice #hannawafalls #momblog

No comments:

Post a Comment