Now on Twitter!

You can follow me now on twitter as well @kdpotter25

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

5 mile bleh/ I caught a leaf!


I should have known my regular Tuesday run would be more difficult after such an effort on Sunday, but the fatigue was still surprising when it roared it's ugly head after mile 2 of my 5 miler.

I left the house with a disquieted mind.  Jer was having a fit because I turned off all visual devices.  In the last month he has learned how to get almost every appliance in the house to play him a kids TV show... I didn't mean to drop the hammer on TV watching right before my Aunt arrived so that I could go run, it just happened.  To say he was upset about it is an extreme understatement.  There was that "mom doubt" in the back of my mind that I should not leave Jer with my Aunt while he is having a fit. Thank heaven my Aunt is a Saint and takes very good care of both of the boys despite their moods (when I got home Jer was fine and Darren was already down for his nap -woot woot).  The clamor in my head made me run a very fast first and second mile, which I should not have done.  I was to the point of wanting to stop -which hasn't happened in a while, after only those 2 miles.  I hunkered down and just kept it going.  My splits got slower and slower but the crazy thing is that my average pace was actually better than my "miraculous" run last Tuesday.  Go figure.

Other things of note for this run (which all happened within .25 of a mile from one another):

I had to stop for a car.  Strangely that hasn't happened before either.  I was seriously worried I wouldn't be able to get my legs to move again. But they did!

I got a rock in my shoe right behind my heel.  I had to stop and pull that out.  Once again I surprised myself with being able to get moving again.

I caught a leaf!!!  Right after pulling the rock out of my shoe and having dark-funky-fatigue-i-should-just-stop thoughts I reached out for a leaf and it fell right into my open hand.  Mood lifted!

The rest of the day went swimmingly.  I'm very glad I stuck it out. The weather has been so beautiful lately!

Happy Hump Day and Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment