Now on Twitter!

You can follow me now on twitter as well @kdpotter25

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Short Sunday Long Run

Just be glad I ran!  I jogged 1.3 miles and walked the rest of the way home.  I think for only 1.5 miles.  I was going to maybe do the 1.5 mile loop near our house twice, but my mechanics felt all out of whack.  My cardio strength felt pretty good, but my hip hurts and I felt like my head, shoulders were not in the right spot?  I think I need to be more faithful about the ENTIRE training and not just trying to fit in some running.  More stretching and more strength.  I think that is what has helped me thus far.  

My next goal is to find a new training program because I stopped doing the one I was doing when we moved at the end of May and now I'm all off schedule.  I'm going to look at the Hal Higdon site.  There are a LOT more training programs than the last time I used his site when I started running 5Ks.  

I'm icing the outer front of my right hip.  It is the only thing that has persistently bothered me even at the very beginning when I was only walking in April.  I'm not sure what it is?

Hoping for a great week!


1 comment:

  1. You might want to take a look at some of Jeff Galloway's plans. I think I am going to use his run-walk-run method to train for a half. Probably some time next year. His method seems kinder to my body. Might work for yours, too. :)

    ReplyDelete