Now on Twitter!

You can follow me now on twitter as well @kdpotter25

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Good stuff

So I'm proud to report that even though I haven't been writing I have been running!  I'm going strong on Tues. and Thurs. thanks to my Aunt faithfully coming over to hang with the boys.  I did skip my long run last Sunday.  I'm not beating myself up.  I just moved on and had a really good week.  I am starting the Hal Higdon half marathon training tomorrow.  I haven't decided whether I should sign up for an actual race...  It's a 12 week program and it will culminate on Oct. 20.  There is a half marathon/marathon in Syracuse that day.  I just don't know.  I just got back from running 3.5 miles (isn't that amazing?) and it really like 4x that will be impossible.  The thing is that 3.5 miles seemed impossible before, so...

I also looked up the Jeff Galloway training programs (as suggested in comment from previous post) and they do look like something I should work on.  I might use them next year when I run a marathon.  What I think is the best part of them, other than being really long and steady (I think a marathon training program is 32 weeks), is that the Sunday long runs are not progressively longer every week.  The run is long every third week.  I think this would be good for me because after I run far I just don't think I can run it again, let along farther the next week.  If you haven't looked at his programs take a look!  They are also more geared for people that are interested in walking some of the race.  Also, during the week you only run for 30 minutes twice a week so it's really do-able to fit into your schedule.    

So now that I'm committed again I really need to fit those Monday and Thursday strength and stretches into my program!  I'm thinking of making a deal with myself that I can't go to Zumba if I miss them.  HA!  I think that will light the fire under my bum, because I really love my Zumba!!!

Happy running/walking/swimming/and playing.  The summer won't last forever so lets get out there and enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment