Now on Twitter!

You can follow me now on twitter as well @kdpotter25

Friday, April 11, 2014

It's been a slacky-sick week

My last post was about  my 16  mile run on Monday night.  I woke up Tuesday morning with a tickle in my throat and lots of stuffiness in my sinuses.  As the day progressed it was obvious I was coming down with something.  I wasn't going to run Tuesday anyway so that wasn't too big a deal.  I would have done some cross training but I just didn't feel like it.

On Wednesday I was actually more sore than I was on Tuesday.  I also felt pretty crappy.  I spent a lot of the day on the centrally located sofa trying to keep the boys occupied and fed (and the house from moving to complete chaos).  My calves were very stiff but when I rolled them on the foam roller it wasn't painful and I didn't think it was doing anything.  At bedtime I put my calf compression cuffs on in case it was swelling.  I wore them all night and then Thursday morning my calves felt great when I peeled the cuffs off.  I rolled my legs out really well again.

I probably could have run a quick 3 miles last night, but I didn't get the boys completely asleep until almost 9 and I really didn't want to run, take a shower, and dry my hair and end up in bed at 11 (Tom was doing work stuff last night so the boys and house were all my duty -otherwise he would have put them to bed so I could run).  Instead I finished picking up the house and was in bed, probably asleep by 9:30.

I'm still pretty stuffy today, but other than a little dizziness -that I'm attributing to the pressure in my ears, I feel pretty good.  Hopefully I'll get to do a quick run tonight.



I ran onto this Chinese fortune the other day.  I saved it quite a while ago.  It's reminding me that 16 miles is really far and even though the last 3-4 miles were pretty ugly that I used to think 5 miles was really impossible just last August.  I'm really thankful that my body can do what it does and I'm hoping there is still some left to give!

No comments:

Post a Comment