Now on Twitter!

You can follow me now on twitter as well @kdpotter25

Sunday, August 4, 2013

An excellent week!

Just completed the first week of half marathon training with Hal Higdon Novice 1.  I feel really good!  I feel good in mind, body and spirit!  This exercise stuff is amazing.  

Quick recap:
Monday:  simple stretching and strength moves while I watched some TV with Tom and Jer.  I mixed up some yoga moves, added some lunges and squats and tried to stretch my major muscle groups.  My mantra was, "anything is better than nothing".  Sometimes I get intimidated with the idea of having a set workout, especially when I am exercising almost every day, so it was nice to do something loosely and in the clothing I happened to have on.  

Tuesday:  Three mile jog.  I felt really good!  I could feel my lower abs from doing bicycle crunches on Monday.  Otherwise all is pretty well.

Wednesday: ZUMBA!!!  rocked

Thursday:  Three mile jog.  Thursday morning jogs are pretty tough.  I have figured out that this is because it is only 12 hours since my prior workout.  Zumba is Weds at 7PM so running the next morning at 9 is pretty tough.  Not impossible or anything, it just feels totally different than running Tuesday which is after a "rest"-type day.  Also, very minimal strength stuff.  A few squats and lunges.  I'm pretty beat by Thurs.

Friday:  REST   no prob 

Saturday;  ZUMBA!!!  love it

Today:  4 mile jog.  It felt really good!  It was much cooler out today and I think that contributed to feeling stronger.  I took the pace nice and easy because I was trying to cover a longer distance.  Also, I should note that because Zumba is in the morning on Sat. it doesn't seem to bother my Sunday run because I typically have at least a 24 hour recovery.  

So that's the week!   Not bad!  In fact it's pretty awesome. :)

2 comments:

  1. great job! you've come a long way! happy to see you signed up for a half marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bill! Loving every minute!

    ReplyDelete