Now on Twitter!

You can follow me now on twitter as well @kdpotter25

Monday, August 19, 2013

What a whirl wind

I can't believe it has been two weeks since I last wrote.  We've been busy in a good way!  Let me bring you all up to speed.

I have been keeping up faithfully with my running and cross training.

Week 2 of my half marathon training went like this...

Monday: Pulled out my PM Pilates DVD.  That's different!  Haven't done Pilates since I was pregnant with Darren.  I took a class at the gym at Case Western that I really liked.  (but not as much as my other classes- I'm definitely a yoga girl rather than a Pilates lady)

Tuesday:  3 mile run.  Felt really good!  Just beat the rain.

Wednesday:  ZUMBA.  Seriously this is the best.

Thursday:  3 mile run.  Felt less strong than Tues, but it's always a beating on Thurs.  I think I did a few squats that night for strength and then I was like,  "ok, ready to rest" and fell into bed.

Friday: REST. No problems there.  HA!

Saturday:  ZUMBA!!! followed closely by a trip to Tupper Lake for a family visit.  Busy day!

Sunday:  Long run of 4 miles in the AM followed by tons of family time for Jeremy's 3rd Birthday Party!

What a great week!!!


Week 3 of my half marathon training went like this...

Monday: Performed my PM Pilates DVD.  I think it was easier this week.  It's still pretty difficult!  Phew they rely on those abs!

Tuesday:  3.5 mile run that felt pretty good!

Wednesday:  ZUMBA shake it shake it shake it!

Thursday:  3.5 mile run.  It's funny that 3.5 feels longer than 3... HA!

Friday:  REST.  Yes, please.

Saturday:  No Zumba so did Yoga Burn DVD with Rodney Yee.  I have had this DVD for maybe 7 years?  I have done it before and always barely made it through or given up when I couldn't do it any more.  It's pretty intense.  I made it and it was not that bad!  It's a full hour and a total body workover.  However, it's SO much more boring than going to ZUMBA.

Sunday:  New record Alert!  I ran 5 miles!!!! without stopping!!!! 55 mins, 4 seconds.  I think this was only the third time i have tried 5 miles. Times were 1:09 and maybe 1:03?  So excited I was under 1 hour!!  So I felt horrible right after and got my shoes off and got into the pool completely clothed and float walked around for like 5 mins. Much better after that.  Re-hydrated and had some pretzels and gummy bears...  Then I felt great and was super happy!

There you have it.  Two great weeks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment