Now on Twitter!

You can follow me now on twitter as well @kdpotter25

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

5K Week 3!

Week 3 of 5K training:

Phew, that went by in a blur!

Last week we had our family vacation at a semi-distant state campground along the St. Lawrence river.  It is just far enough that the kids get antsy on the car ride and it feels like we are "away" and on vacation without taking much time to get there.

Tom and I also spent the entire week sick. It was and still is some sort of cold that made us both not enjoy the week very much and I skipped a workout on Tuesday because I was so weak and dizzy.

So... The conclusion of Week 2 was a long run of 2 miles:

We were at camp and I ended at the beach after dark and stripped down to my two piece that I had on under my running gear and took a nice cool dip all by myself.  

Ahhhhhhh

Week 3 Tuesday I did not run :(

Thursday I did not run either :( but I did run on Friday (still at camp).  I did another 2 miles.



Saturday we went home from camping and I was soooo tired and my sinuses were throbbing.  I pretty much emptied the camper, did laundry, and took a nap.  No cross training there :(

Sunday I looked at the actual training program and realized that I hadn't remembered it correctly and I only had to do a 2 mile long run (so last Saturday I did a long run that should have been 1.75 instead of 2.  Ooops!)  Anyway yippee because I still felt crappy but convinced myself that I could do 2 miles and out I went. 

And, yes, I love this neon yellow shirt... hahaha

I survived!  Hot!  Tired!  But I am so happy that I'm trying to stick with this.  Great job me! I'm currently doing everything I can to keep this cold from sticking in my sinuses and becoming an infection... uuuuuggggghhhh!  I had a sinus infection a couple years ago and now EVERY time I get a cold my sinuses just decide they had better get all clogged up and stay that way for a month or more :(  For the last three days I've been thinking it could go either way... Still hoping I can pull out of this without a trip to the doctor's office!


On to week 4!  Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment