Now on Twitter!

You can follow me now on twitter as well @kdpotter25

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Father's Day Camping and Triathlons!?!?!?

Happy Father's Day (late)!

Our little tribe of 5 spent the weekend at another of our favorite camping spots Cole's Creek State Park.  I think it has the best beach sand.  :)  The campground is only 30 minutes from our house making it a great destination for "last minute" camping.  Even though we only decided that we would camp at the beginning of the week, we got a beautiful spot right on the water!




I took a quick bike ride (small exercise win!) pulling Andrea in her bike trailer.  Other than that Tom and I spent most of the time helping the kids on the playground/swing set and trying not to freeze playing in the water with them.  It is official: our kids are polar bears!  Also, I was exhausted from pushing the kids on the swing! Ugh!


I'm really trying to get my goals in order as I finish up my convalescence from my broken ankle.

This is what I'm realizing: 

When I could move over the past two years, I didn't exercise very often or consistently...

When I broke my ankle all I wanted to do was get up and do all the things I had taken for granted...

I'm reading some great books and looking up articles and asking for advice from some of my other active friends.  I'm also trying to find time to write in my blog again (HAHA it looks like short posts are the way to go)!

So here are a few things I have been reading:

Also...

So far I have read about half of "Triathlon for the every woman" by Meredith Atwood (and I LOVE it and can totally relate to it) and half of "Racing Weight" by Matt Fitzgerald.  I have not started "Slow Fat Triathlete" by Jayne Williams.  The other "Swim Bike Mom" is a print out of a sprint triathlon training program.

From this you can deduce that I am interested in triathlons and either being fat or how not to be fat... 

You may have noticed the interest in running weight.  This is something I have never really discussed in my previous posts and I'm not trying to make a big thing out of them, but I know that I want to do some serious running in my future and the "racing weight" book is to help me really understand feeding an endurance athlete properly and the "fat triathlete" book is about just getting out there now, not when you lose ___ number of pounds, which is great, because I'm a bit puffy about the middle and the back side hehehe.  

That's it for now!  Trying to wrap these up quickly so that the kids and husband don't get too tiffy about me being on the computer. :P

Thanks for reading!  :)

#Running #swimbikemom #racing #goals #getfit #triathlon

No comments:

Post a Comment