Now on Twitter!

You can follow me now on twitter as well @kdpotter25

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Bam!

I broke the glass ceiling of three miles!  Sunday night I kicked it into gear and switched my focus from 3 to 4 miles.  I told myself it was 4 miles or bust.  I was very close to bagging my effort at around 2 miles.  I had run figure 8s out away from the house in the neighborhood, but it was night and I didn't want to get too confused so I just ran back toward the house straight hoping to hit 2miles and then reverse my course.  I hit 2 miles almost exactly in front of the house... Half of my mind questioned my sanity thinking that I could repeat the distance I had just performed.  The other half kept it's eye on the prize.  Thankfully that was the stronger half.

The first mile was so easy.  All the sudden 1 mile was done.  The second is always hard and it was difficult, perhaps especially so because I was running back toward the house and thinking that I could not possibly do two more.  The third was my fastest mile.  Then I just tried to hold form on my fourth.  Not too bad!


The rest of the week: Walked Thursday night and then I rested Friday.  Saturday was ZUMBA!  Also a nice two mile walk Sat. night pushing the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment