Now on Twitter!

You can follow me now on twitter as well @kdpotter25

Saturday, June 1, 2013

It's Saturday Zumba!

My toe feels so much better!  Tuesday I did not work out.  I pretty much hobbled around praying I wouldn't stub it again or get stepped on.  Wednesday I started to feel some relief.  I thought about going to Weds. night Zumba, but thought it might be pushing it a bit.

Thursday I went for a nice 2.5 mile walk pushing the boys along the recreation trail right here near the house in Ogdensburg.  I was hoping the trail was longer, but It was a nice walk with a nice cool breeze coming off the St. Lawrence River.  My toe felt pretty good!  Right after that Jeremy stepped on my bare foot with his sandals still on... Ok, so that hurt... I can laugh about it now!

Friday was my "rest" day.

I am so bushed from moving.  We are finally moved out of the house in Morley, but we still have a pile of stuff in the garage there that needs to go to the dump.  We have a nice pile of stuff here in our garage in Ogdensburg that looks like a dump... So much organizing and unpacking that needs to still happen!

And then it's Saturday again.  Ah, Saturday.  The day of Zumba.  How I love thee Zumba!  It was an extra long class because it was also a benefit for Relay For Life today.  I don't think I have been as sweaty as I was during that class in years and years.  It was in a gym and I really think it was about to rain it was so humid in there!  That class and the women that show up to shake it, they are the best.  Puts a smile on my face for hours and hours. I come home and I feel so great.  I haven't felt that way for a long time.  Having responsibility like a house and kids is pretty stressful and I haven't felt that really free feeling for a while.  Zumba makes me feel free again.  And then I bring that feeling home to my family.  That is the most awesome part of all.  It's hard to describe.  (and my toe felt pretty good too!)

Anyway.  Hoping for a run of some length tomorrow.  It's my "long" day, but I think any distance will feel long. We'll see what I have in me!  I'm hoping for good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment