Now on Twitter!

You can follow me now on twitter as well @kdpotter25

Monday, May 13, 2013

Know Squat?

We appear to be out of the woods. Sickness went through the entire house. Friday was not only my rest day, but my day to be completely out of commission. I think I would have been not so bad, but unlike the boys I had a very high fever. By Saturday I felt much better and then Tom was sick. I skipped my Zumba workout and hydrated and took care of all my boys instead.

Sunday I was double brave. Once because I figured I was well enough to do my two mile long jog without walking and once because I decided to do it outside even though it was incredibly windy, gusty and cool. I was an entire minute slower on my mile out into the wind than I was on my mile back. The hardest stretches were actually when I jogged perpendicular to the wind because it knocked my foot into my other leg with each stride. Very annoying. On the way out into the wind I was very cold and glad I had bundled up, but on the way back I was very warm. At the end I just was very glad I had completed the workout! The weather was so crazy I didn't think to much about how my run was feeling. Ha!

I will say that running all these short distances makes me really wonder how I will ever be able to string them together into something spectacular. Only time will show me.

So to the day at hand.

Strength day again! I chose a workout from Runner's World (April 2013). "Know Squat?" It's supposed to help keep your knees safe. It was a good workout! I won't belabor it. Off to fold laundry.

Happy week everyone! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment