Now on Twitter!

You can follow me now on twitter as well @kdpotter25

Monday, May 6, 2013

What to do, what to do

It's Monday again.  Time to strength train.  I hadn't picked out a workout to do for tonight and had to quick flip through some mags to find one I wanted to do.  I settled on this one.  I recently picked up a foam roller and have been playing with it intermittently.

Here goes!
Shape magazine, April issue.  Do each workout once.  Can do twice for extra challenge.  I did each once.

#1 is an inner and outer quad roll.  In and out 10 times for inner and outer quads.  It was difficult to keep my toes pointed in while rolling to get the inner quads.  It also was quite painful.  I think my quads are tight so maybe this will help.  Also it was a surprising shoulder workout.

#2 Pretty much just a wall sit against a roller while alternating raising your arms over head.  1 minute.  Not too bad.  Improvement?  Maybe!

#3 Glutes rollout.  OUCH.  Apparently I have a little tightness there...




#4 Bridges with your feet on a roller.  Not unlike a bridge.  It was a teensy bit more difficult to not have the roller against the wall.  I did 10 against the wall and 10 not against the wall and it felt like it worked different muscles.





#5 Rollout of the upper back.  Not difficult and it felt sooooo good.  I also detected a bit of core strength required to keep your head up as the roller moved toward your waist.

#6 Laying on roller bring arms up and down like a W... I'm really not sure why this is challenging?  I tried to get my feet as close together as possible so that I had the added challenge of keeping myself from falling over.


#7 Hamstring rollout.  This was not painful at all, unlike the hamstring rollout.

#8 Once I got the coordination down these side lunges were pretty good as an all over move.

This was a nice mix of stretching and strength, but maybe not as challenging as I need?





Trying to be quick here...  Very ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment