Now on Twitter!

You can follow me now on twitter as well @kdpotter25

Monday, March 31, 2014

Boilermaker!

Yes, the Boilermaker gets a post of its very own.

The first time I heard about this race was in graduate school. My labmate's father had a heart attack and subsequent heart surgery.  He was in pretty poor health.  My labmate was an avid runner, biker, and overall outdoorswoman.  She and her father decided to run the Utica, NY Boilermaker together.  The race is a 15K in July (boil anyone?).  It is also very popular because of the live entertainment along the race route and the huge after party.  Jacki ran the race last year and this year Tom and I will also be partaking!

The registration opened on March 22nd at noon.  I sent myself a google reminder so that we wouldn't miss it.  They cap the 15K at 14,000 runners (wow) and it was completely sold out when I checked back ~2 hours later!  yikes!

If you want to read more about The Boilermaker check out the site below.

Boilermaker

Thanks for reading! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment