Now on Twitter!

You can follow me now on twitter as well @kdpotter25

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pure Drift!

Oh YAY!  A new shoe post! 

I've been having some left foot pain and my toe nails are still not happy with my shoes. Apparently I need to go up yet another half a shoe size.  I've been looking at Brooks because they are supposed to be pretty spiffy running shoes.  I spent almost an entire week doing internet searches and looking at different pairs of shoes. 

 There is a cool shoe finder programs on Runner's World and also Brooks has one of it's own.  They can be accessed here: 



I narrowed down my choices by carefully reading reviews people had posted on the sites.  I chose the shoes pictured above, Brooks PureDrift because they have a very large toe box area and they have a very flexible sole.  They are also on clearance!  Nothing like fancy running shoes for $55!  These are also a lightweight minimal shoe, and I'm interested in trying different types of shoes (read Born to Run!).  I was positively bursting with excitement to try these!  

I took them outside for a quick 3 mile run on the 18th (yup-little backlog here because of the "funk").  I felt fast in them!  I don't know if it's the lack of padding in the bottom that made it feel like I had better get my feet going or if I was just feeling good that evening, but they felt pretty nice.  I finished 3 miles in 29:16, which is pretty good for me considering I wasn't at a race!  I also wore them on Tuesday on the treadmill and they seemed just fine there too.  My toes of tons of space!  Ah :)


2 comments:

  1. You might want to try Hoka One Ones. I have been wearing mine non-stop (neuromas, surgery scheduled in May). They are like walking on clouds and have a great toe box. They were originally designed for ultra runners (marathons qualify in my book :) ) but I think others would benefit from wearing them. Incredibly light for the support they give. Cost more, but last a lot longer, too.

    I loved the minimalist feel, but my feet had other ideas.

    Keep training! You are doing a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of Hoka One One, but have not ever tried any or seen any ;) Maybe someday I will get to try some. I hope the surgery helps! Thanks for the suggestion and the support! :)

    ReplyDelete