Now on Twitter!

You can follow me now on twitter as well @kdpotter25

Monday, March 31, 2014

March, you were a good apple

I can't believe that yet another month has come and gone already this year.  We are already 1/4 of the way through!  

March Recap:
I participated in two races this month.   Consider my goal of running one race/month all year thoroughly trounced for March.  The first was the last Frozen Foote in the 4 race series.  My time over the three races in the series that I participated in decreased by 6 minutes over the 4 mile distance!  The second race was the Orebed Sugar Shack 5K.  This was on a slushy dirt road and I ran with Jacki and we talked the whole time.  Our time was 35:07, which is pretty slow for us on a 5K, but truly I was much more worried about falling on my backside than I was about going fast!  

I ran 88 miles this month!  Incredible!  (40mile/month goal)  If only I had not had the mental and physical setbacks that I fought at the end of the month, I would have made it to over 100!   My case of the blahs followed closely by a stomach  bug cut out two training runs (a 7 and  4) and a long run down to 3 miles instead of 10.  I also missed a run last week because Tom and I went "out"  Wednesday night and I didn't make up the lost run because I was still recovering from being sick and didn't want to push it too hard.  

Also this month marks my longest run to date!  15 miles.  Wow.  It seems impossible, and really,it almost is. It sure feels like it should be!  I have only 3 more "longer than I've ever run before" runs left in the training program before the actual marathon in 8 weeks.  I will go 16 this weekend coming up, and then I have an 18 and 20 mile run left with step-back weeks of shorter distances in between.  

Am I proud of myself?  Yes.  You bet.  I'm going to hold it together and run this race.  Then I'm going to keep holding it together and run some more races.  :) Why?  Because I can and that is a beautiful thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment