Now on Twitter!

You can follow me now on twitter as well @kdpotter25

Saturday, March 22, 2014

A case of the Blahs (oh no!)

I've been pushing on and on and all the sudden I hit a wall.  Thursday night I should have gone for a 7 mile run.  I didn't.  I felt "sick".  I took a nap at 7PM because I couldn't not take a nap.  I'm really not sure if I was actually sick or if I just hit an over trained moment of weakness.  Last night I went to Zumba.  It's Saturday.  I haven't run since my Tuesday 3 mile run.  So now I've missed two mid-week training runs.  A 7 and a 4.  I'm going to try and get on the treadmill tonight after I get the boys in bed.  I think I'll try to do the 4 that I missed last night. 

I hate the feeling of a funk.  It feels like it won't end and that I will always feel "funky".  

Hopefully getting back on the horse tonight will break this case of the blahs... especially since I have 10 miles tomorrow!  

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes you just have to listen to your body. A lot of repair and building was happening during those maps -- not to mention cleaning out "brain waste". You will be back at it better than ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel much better after resting. Some of my nagging painful areas feel much better too. :) I'm glad I slacked off, but I'm always trying to stick to the program! It's a difficult balancing act when you then add "life". :)

    ReplyDelete