Now on Twitter!

You can follow me now on twitter as well @kdpotter25

Friday, March 7, 2014

February in Review. Time flies when you are busy!

February is always a very busy month for our family.  Tom and I started dating 14 years ago on the 12th, then there is Valentine's Day on the 14th, my father's 80th birthday was on the 16th and then Tom's birthday was on the 20th!  Phew!

The last week of February was spent taking care of our two children.  They were both very sick.  Thankfully they were not sick at the same time.  Our oldest was sick first and started to feel better after a few days, then the baby started to get sick and man, oh man, was he sick.  I didn't herald the exact end of my running month because the days slipped together in a sleep-deprived fog created by a cranky, feverish, and not sleeping toddler (I think he literally slept 3 hours in a two day span).  Finally, days later his fever subsided and he started sleeping again.  He's still recovering, but I'm sleeping back in my own bed and not on the extra twin bed in the boys room! Yay, small victories!

So back to running.  Even when little Darren was very sick I only missed 1 run, a 3 mile mid-week run.  Lately my running week has looked like this:

Monday: Resting (if my long run was on Sunday from the week before.  If the long run got pushed to Monday then this was the long run.  We're up to 10 miles now.  My last long run was 7; a step-back week).

Tuesday: Shorter mid-week run.  Right now these runs are 3 miles for Tuesdays.  If I'm behind this run is on Wednesday after Zumba class.

Wednesday: Mid-week long run.  These have gotten up to 6 miles. I do Zumba on Wednesday, so I run after class at night.  It's pretty brutal.

Thursday: Shorter mid-week run.  These are also 3 miles.

Friday: Rest.  Sometimes I do Zumba on Friday night.  It just depends on what our weekend plans are.  I like to do Zumba twice a week, so I pick between Friday night and Saturday morning.

Saturday: This is supposed to be the long run day, but I usually do long runs on Sunday.  Sometimes I do Zumba in the morning, but this usually ends up a rest day.

Sunday:  Long run day.  Coming up this weekend is 12 miles... I'm really not excited about it.  I'm starting to get nervous about the long runs.  Pretty soon I will run farther than I have ever run before!


February Goals? Met!
I completed a race (goal of 1 race/month), the 4 mile Frozen Foote and I ran 61 miles this month (goal of 40/moth)!  Yay me!  I missed two runs, one at the beginning of the month when I was sick, and then one I missed at the end of the month when Darren was really sick.  Not too shabby.

I'm finally ready for March!  And there are only 24 days of it left.  I'm so ready for milder weather and for the snow to melt.  For now I'll stay the course and keep putting one foot in front of the other whenever possible.

Happy reading everyone and have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment