Now on Twitter!

You can follow me now on twitter as well @kdpotter25

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Bonk-iest run ever. What a FAIL!

So I set out Sunday morning for a 10 mile morning run.  The total mileage was supposed to be 14, but I needed to get back for the Zumba fund raiser, so my plan was to run 10, clean up, do Zumba, and then later in the day do 4 more miles.

I don't usually run in the morning, so what to eat beforehand I'm not too sure about.  I decided to go on empty and just eat on the run.  I packed Nuun water and a Lara bar, pretzel sticks, and mixed nuts.

I should have turned around.  My first two miles were ok, but then I bonked (ran absolutely out of power).  I kept going.  I forced myself to run out 5 miles so I would then be forced to complete the run on my return.  Oh my.  I walked and jogged, walked.  Oh the torture.  I even called Tom to pack up the boys and come get me when I was about 3 miles from home.  He wouldn't come, and I'm glad.  I really did want to finish, but I walked a lot.  I dreamed about the chai tea latte and waffles with peanut butter and honey I would have for breakfast when I got home...  They were delicious by the way! 

So I completed my bonky run and know now that I am not one of those people that can roll out of bed and run on a cup of black coffee.  Guess it's toast with peanut butter and half a banana for me! 

I did snap some pics of what is left of the jog trail.  This portion will remain closed so I'm stuck running the upper ridge and then connecting to the old railroad bed trail, which is ok but too bad for the City of Ogdensburg.  Water is so powerful!



Thanks for reading and have a great week!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment