Now on Twitter!

You can follow me now on twitter as well @kdpotter25

Saturday, May 3, 2014

The anticipation is killing me! (and a bum toe)

Two exciting things are coming up for me in the next couple of days.

1) Color Me Rad Syracuse Team: Who Needs 10??? LFP on Sunday morning
2) My 20 mile training run (AND THEN THE TAPER -no more really long runs until the marathon!!!)  

1) I am so excited about the 5K color run.  I'm on a really big team of ladies composed mostly of my Zumba class and led by my amazing Zumba instructor Nicole.  We are packing onto a bus tomorrow morning at 6AM and riding to Syracuse (at least a two hour ride -probably 2.5 considering it's going to be a bus).  This should be great b/c then we don't have to worry about getting color stuff all over our cars.

My Zumba instructor is doing the pre-race warm-up entertainment!!!!!!! 

Yes, she is that awesome!!!

So on top of doing a color run, which I have never done before, we get to do 1.5 hours of Zumba before the race.  It's going to be a great day.  (only thing I'm worried about is that the weather does NOT look very good)  I have a white tank top picked out and I'm going to wear a pair of black tights.  If the weather is looking dreary, like I think it will be, I'll wear full leg tights and maybe a shirt under the white tank.  

I'm really excited to tell you about the color run! :)

2) My 20 mile (big Kahua) training run needs to take place in the next couple of days.  My original plan was to do it today, Saturday.  This is not the plan now.  I think I will end up doing it on Monday evening.  Not the best of times because I would like to do it mostly in daylight, but I guess I will take what I can.  

I will not be doing the run today because I have a minor toe injury that I sustained on my Weds night 10 mile run in the rain.  Once my wool socks got wet they started to irritate my feet and I didn't even realize until quite late the next day that my next-to-the-pinky toe was swollen.  It felt like something was stuck to the bottom of my toe and I kept trying to wipe it off.  It was pretty sore by the end of Thursday.  I set out for a 5 mile run and it was fine (I was really gassed but pushed through it -it's "hell" week after all -the last week of lots of running before the taper) until the last mile.  

My toe was very swollen after the run.  I took Friday off and it was very stiff and swollen.  This morning the swelling is down and it looks like I have a very deep blister on the toe pad.  Hopefully the swelling will continue to go down and it won't bother me on Monday night when I do my 20 mile run.  I'm excited and nervous about it.  Deep down I think it's going to be awesome and such a relief to have it out of the way.  Clear sailing to marathon land from here on out.  (crosses fingers and says prayers that I don't get injured somehow on my 20 mile run)  

Cheers to some good times coming up! Thanks for reading and Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment