Now on Twitter!

You can follow me now on twitter as well @kdpotter25

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Rain rain go away!

It's still raining here in NNY.  I REALLY don't like running in the rain.  Most of my runs that have been in the rain have gone horribly and I never seem to dress appropriately and end up freezing and miserable.  Our treadmill is 'out of for the count' right now so I had this pipe dream that I would go to the gym and run on a treadmill there for a guest fee.  I needed to run 10 miles last night and it was 45 degrees and "misting".  When I was ready to go treadmill-ing I called to make sure the place would be open long enough for me to complete my run... and they were not going to be.  Big BIG bummer.  

OK, plan B: outside

I changed into what would hopefully be appropriate clothing for a cold rain-run.  I kissed everyone goodnight and out into the dark wet streets I went.  (Don't worry folks, I wear a reflective vest and a red safety light along with a flashlight)

I didn't get back until almost 10:30PM.  My run was stiff and felt really long.  I guess I can't be speedy night, after night, after night!  The worst part was my wool socks got very wet and then they rubbed along my toes and the bottom of my feet like my skin was all going to come off.  EH.  Thankfully everything seems to be fine today.

A much slower pace than the night before, but it was still a pretty good run considering the cold, wet and dark! :)  Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment