Now on Twitter!

You can follow me now on twitter as well @kdpotter25

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

DIY Wrist/hand warmers for #running!

I'm pretty interested in up cycled goods.  I've been reading posts on Pinterest about using old wool sweaters to make arm and leg warmers and other items for babies.

I have a really nice collection of Acorn Unisex Versafit (fleece) socks.  These are my absolute favorite socks in the world.  I live in them from mid-September to mid-May.  I wear them around the house, in my shoes, to bed... you get the picture.  The only problem is that I don't wear slippers and eventually the bottoms wear out.  I wear them until the holes on the heel and foot pad are over an inch wide.  The socks are otherwise in great condition.  I've been wondering if I could sew a new bottom on and make a slipper sock -which I still might do, or other fun things to get more use out of them -rather than just throwing them away.

So I was looking through Pinterest for ways to up cycle old socks and I found a post about making finger-less gloves from socks.  SO voila!  Out came the sewing machine for 5 minutes of straight seams and I made a pair from my very worn-down-on-the-bottom socks for when I'm out running in the Spring/Fall.  I think they're pretty cute and they are definitely warm!  Thought I would share.

(Leonardo the ninja turtle helped along with my boys by touching absolutely everything in my sewing kit...)

Hopefully we'll be running in warmer weather soon and I won't need these babies until the fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment