Now on Twitter!

You can follow me now on twitter as well @kdpotter25

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

I have #Running Fever!

It must be a combination of really bright sun and frustrating cold that has heated me into a running fever this morning.  I was thinking about the people I know that are training for marathons and it occurred to me that there are relays available at some marathons.  I'm pretty sure I could run 6.2 miles (10K).  I just did 4 miles the other day and felt pretty awesome.  I won't be racing, but I can still enjoy the mileage at my pace right?

So I dug up the Running in the USA website and, while I don't think I'll be doing a relay, I started looking for some 10K races that aren't too far away. If you have never used the Running in the USA website it's a great way to scan through races based on state, month, and distance.  Super easy.  

So back to my search.  I found a race that is only about an hour away and it's stroller friendly!  It's the Run to the Sun 5K, 10K, and half marathon.  Also it's only $25 to enter.  Not bad.  It's in 45 days.  I can already do 4 miles, so I should be able to just jump into the Hal Higdon Novice 10K training program in week 2 and be just fine.  The long run this Sunday should be 3.5 miles.  Check.

So now to make up a program for the coming week based on the training program:

Week 2 March 24-29 (modified for me)
Tues. Zumba
Weds.  2.5 mile run
Thurs. 2 mile run + Prenatal DVD of choice (strength focus)
Fri. Prenatal DVD of choice (cross train focus)
Sat. (we're traveling for a family vacation) so I will choose to REST here
Sun. (on vacation) 3.5 mile run -hopefully I find a treadmill somewhere.

Week 3 March 30- April 5th (modified for me)
Mon. (on vacation) strength and stretch -I'll get creative -do you think a massage qualifies?
Tues. (on vacation) 2.5 mile run -treadmill or outside
Weds. Zumba
Thurs. 2 mile + Prenatal DVD of choice (strength focus)
Fri. Zumba
Sat. REST
Sun. (Easter!) 4 mile run

Well, that's the plan.  Let's see if I can stick to it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment