Now on Twitter!

You can follow me now on twitter as well @kdpotter25

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The conclusions of the Frozen Foote Series!

I finished out the Frozen Foote Series on Saturday morning.  The weather was looking less than ideal and I wasn't particularly excited about going the night before, but I pulled it together in the AM and the run was great!  I'm so glad that I went.

It looked like it would be 35 and raining.  Cold rain is my absolute least favorite weather.  I got out my water proof LandsEnd hooded jacket.  It is not the absolute best choice for running because it doesn't breath, but it does keep me warm if it is raining.  My other soft shell running jacket is only water resistant and it really doesn't do much in the rain.  

I started early instead of going with the gun start because I just wasn't sure how slow I would be and how much I would need to walk.  I haven't been running consistently, but I have been doing Zumba again 2-3 times a week and feeling pretty fine.  I was pleasantly surprised by how mild the weather was -not really any wind and it only very lightly and sporadically sprinkled.  I also felt great!  Granted I was slower than normal, but I really didn't need to walk that much.  I probably could have gotten by without walking at all, but I was just trying to take it easy because I haven't been training consistently.  

I was exactly 17 weeks pregnant and I'm feeling great!  4-miles in the bag.  Hopefully I can get out there more consistently in the next few months.  I have NO interest in treadmill running (to be honest I would rather just go to Zumba b/c it is so much more fun) so we will see!

Here I am with my race shirt (for finishing 3 out of 4 races)!

Thank you for reading!  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment