Now on Twitter!

You can follow me now on twitter as well @kdpotter25

Thursday, March 5, 2015

February Recap

This one is going to be easy.

Mileage for the month: 5.5 miles.  bwahahahaha But hey, it's better than Jan!

Races: The February Frozen Foote #3, 4-mile race in Canton.

I decided to be one of the people that shows up before the "race" to do the course and then record my time.  Otherwise I would have been running and walking right in front of the ambulance that "sweeps" the course -and that would have been way too annoying.

I started about 20 minutes before the race began and I'm not going to lie, it was TOUGH.  I had to start walking after about half of a mile.  I would just run a bit and then walk until I felt like I had a little pep built up.  It was a nice morning.  A little new snow and some sun.  It was about 20 degrees out.  Not too shabby for February considering that it had been -25 a few days before.  I ended up finishing the race with the leaders, which was fine.  I recorded my time and headed home.  I was pretty tired for the rest of the day.  Hopefully I will get my energy back and exercise won't "ruin" the rest of the day eventually -until the end of the pregnancy that is.

So there you  have it.  A month of starting to feel better and get back in on the action.  I'm hoping to put in 30-40 miles in March -counting both walking and running.  Also, hopefully the weather for the Frozen Foote #4 in March will be conducive to a prego lady participating.

Thank you for reading!  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment