Now on Twitter!

You can follow me now on twitter as well @kdpotter25

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Mama K is going to be a mommy again!

OK.  For the record I have not run hardly at all yet this year.  I finished out 2014 pretty strong, but ya know what?  I'm pregnant!  Woot Woot!  We're due in August on the 22nd and the last few months have been TOUGH.  Like just ran a marathon and have the stomach flu-type feeling tough.

I held up in December, but by the end of the month I was getting that ewwwww queasy feeling all mothers-to-be dread.  I think my last semi-pleasant run was on Dec. 28th.  I tried out a new pair of running shoes that my husband gave me for Christmas.  I have not worn them since.  (which is why I have not reviewed them for you)

January was an absolute disaster.  I had NO energy and barely left the couch for about two weeks straight.  I spent the rest of my time trying to stay awake and gagging before and after eating anything.  The only things that were appealing were chips, french fries, cold cereal, cold water, and PIZZA.  Om Nom I can eat pizza no matter what!  

Needless to say I did not make it to the Frozen Foote race (#2 in the 4 race series) because I was incredibly dizzy and I was seriously worried that even if I walked the race I would be the person trying out the ambulance they have on stand-by.  

February turned out to be a little bit better.  I started venturing out to Zumba classes again.  I also went for that 1 nice run in the snow that I posted about.  I think it was 1.5 miles and I was DEAD when I got back, but it felt great to be back out there.  I'll tell you how the Frozen Foote race #3 in February went in the Feb. recap.  (coming VERY soon)

I feel much better and I'm getting a little bit of energy back.  I'm hoping to start running gently soon.  I think I'll start tracking my mileage again, but I'm going to count all distance whether it was walked or running.  I'm definitely going to have to take a lot of walking breaks.  

Also, a huge lift to my spirits is that the  beginning of March has already been SO much milder than January and February.  I am really enjoying the SUN!  It was also above 32 yesterday!  I think with my returning energy and the return of milder weather I should be able to get moving again.  

 
Little baby squirmy! My new running pal.

We're very excited about adding #3.  Thank you for reading!  

No comments:

Post a Comment