Now on Twitter!

You can follow me now on twitter as well @kdpotter25

Sunday, April 7, 2013

"Long" (run) Walk Day

It's Sunday, long run day.  On the agenda was a 2 mile cardio walk.  Today I actually walked instead of trying to jog.  I'm pretty concerned about overuse injuries, so perhaps I should work into the training program slowly (as is suggested by all slob to marathon training programs... :) ) so as to not become injured before I am even supposed to jog.

My iPhone was programmed to track my workout and also to play the Black Eyed Peas Pandora Radio station.  This station is by far my (and Jeremy's) favorite.  I think quite appropriately the first song I heard as I started out was, "Lets Get This Started".

"Runnin', runnin', and runnin' runnin'..."

"Apt to lose this inhibition, follow your intuition, free your inner soul, and break away from tradition..."

Good stuff!

The weather even partially cooperated for me and I walked outside.  It was almost 55!  However, it was very windy!!!  I was very glad I strapped on my ear band.  It also helped hold my ear buds in so that I could rock out.

I guess this concludes my first week.  Not bad.  I figure I have about 70 weeks before my marathon, maybe more... we'll see!


Be sure to tune in this week as I am sure I will get nervous about the 5K I signed up to run on Sat. morning in place of Zumba.  Plus, don't you want to hear how it all goes?  Did I mention it's a Zombie Race?

No comments:

Post a Comment