Now on Twitter!

You can follow me now on twitter as well @kdpotter25

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Moon and stars

I had a hard time getting going tonight.  I'm feeling pretty sleepy even though I have been sleeping much better at night (thank you Darren).  All this exercise is making me feel really good but also  perhaps a bit tired.

I really didn't feel like walking on the treadmill tonight so I strapped on some reflective gear, my gloves and ear band and headed out down our dark country road toward the hamlet? of Morley.  At least there are sporadic street lights once you enter "town".

Above the dimly lit streets hung a perfect crescent moon and stars in a clear dark sky. The stars in northern New York are amazing and are one of the things I missed greatly when I lived in Buffalo and Cleveland.

The day was mild but quite rainy and the air was wet and cool with a pretty strong breeze.  For once I actually walked into the wind on the way out so that my way back would be easier/warmer.  Really I chose to go in that direction because I was too afraid to walk out into the country in the almost pitch black... Ha!

Other than disturbing a number of loud dogs, my power walk was peaceful and very enjoyable.  The time flew by and I was back at our door.  

Yoga tomorrow. Yay!

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds as if you need a running head lamp. Very helpful on those early morning or late night runs. (And no excuses for not running, which is why I bought mine.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea! I thought about bringing a flashlight, but then I didn't want to carry one and just walked out into the dark. I was thinking about getting one for camping anyway because you usually have about 5 things in your hands and then need a flashlight. HA! I have seen them in L.L. Bean. Are running ones any different, do you think, than the ones advertised for camping?

      Delete