Now on Twitter!

You can follow me now on twitter as well @kdpotter25

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

One lonely mile

Before slipping into my pajamas and between the sheets I churned out one lonely mile on the treadmill in our basement. Have to start somewhere right? It was not easy but I was actually pleasantly surprised that it wasn't that difficult either. Lets say I have lots of room for improvement.

When I got into bed I felt a sense of relief that I had done something toward my personal goal. Some of the guilt for not having exercised that I usually feel while playing a round of Candy Crush Saga on my phone before turning in was absent (a good feeling for someone on the edge of anxiety). It's easy to put off exercise and then numb yourself with technology. Note to self: don't do that!

One lonely mile sure did make me appreciate the miles and miles I still have to go.

2 comments: