Now on Twitter!

You can follow me now on twitter as well @kdpotter25

Monday, April 22, 2013

Someday, when I grow up, I'll be strong!

It's Monday.  This week the focus of my training switches from getting used to saving a time to exercise and adjusting to the extra steps by exclusively walking, to beginning to incorporate jogging slowly in my walks.

Yesterday was a full day; lots of family stuff and I had my long walk -a three miler.  It was a beautiful day and the walk went by very fast.  I read in SHAPE magazine that Dannon (Dannon Live Fit & Love It Radio) has a Pandora radio station and I listened to it.  It was pretty good.

I have subscribed to SHAPE magazine for years and years.  I read it pretty faithfully cover to cover.  I really like the section about the success stories the best.  They also have a cover "model" and this person shares their secret to success and usually some workout moves.  This month it is Alison Sweeney.  She is, for one thing, the host of The Biggest Loser.  She looks amazing on the cover.  It turns out she is not that much older than I am and recently trained for and ran a marathon (also multiple half marathons)!  Her sample workout is a 10-minute total body workout.  I thought it looked like it could be kind of fun so I decided to do it tonight as my strength train workout.

Hopefully below you can see the pictures from SHAPE mag.

5 exercises?  No problem!  (three sets of 10 reps)   

I did really well on #1.  

#2 is a "downward dog" with a dip where you try to put your head on the floor and push back up... riiiiiight.  NOT there yet.  Felt pretty good though.  

By the time I got to #3 I was starting to lag. 

#4 is called a Starburst.  I can barely hold a side plank anyway so my star was less "burst" and more "falling"...  literally I kept falling over.  Bless my husband for praising me and telling me I'm doing a good job while I flail around the living room on Monday nights.  

Honesty here.  Didn't even do #5.  I started to curl my legs over my head and it just wasn't going to happen tonight.  My lower back has been a little tender and I didn't want to push it.  I have a history of lower back problems and I've been doing really well for the last three years. I just try not to push it too much at once and my back allows me to go about my business.

Another day, another workout.  Honesty again.  I probably could have tried harder tonight.  

I just want to be stronger tomorrow than I was today; to feel more and more at peace with myself and who/where I am.  

Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment