Now on Twitter!

You can follow me now on twitter as well @kdpotter25

Monday, April 8, 2013

Setting the bar low to succeed

Monday strength train.  After sitting on my behind for 20 minutes watching "Big Bang Theory" (when I meant to go directly from putting Darren to bed to my dresser to change into workout wear) I finally got up to perform my simple strength training plan.  The short list of exercises seemed laughable (see my post "Failing to plan...).  "Is it even worth doing so little?", I thought to myself.

The quick workout from SkinnyMs surprised me!  By the end I was pretty worked over.  I think it was actually a pretty good starting place for me.  10 modified push ups, 30 squats, etc.  I added a 60 second superman.  Just seemed right.

For anyone thinking I went really light on myself go try the list yourself.  I give major props to anyone that doesn't at least squirm at the 60 second wall sit.

Go ahead.  Find a wall, stand about two feet from it and slide your back down until your thighs are parallel.

Tell me how you did!

I lasted about 10 seconds before I started to really regret having to blog about it after finishing.  I only made it to 43 seconds.  I'm hoping yoga will help with both my stamina and focus.  The ability to remove my mind from the muscle fatigue.

I guess I didn't set the bar as low as I thought.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment